Yoshihiro VG-1 Gold Steel Nakiri Vegetable Chefs Knife 6.5'' (165mm) by Yoshihiro at Self Trained Chef. MPN: 並行輸入品. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Our handcrafted Yoshihiro Gold Steel knives have an inner core made of high carbon VG-1 Gold steel sandwiched in the traditional method of Warikomi between two layers of stainless steel. With a hardness on the Rockwell scale of 60, the inner core of VG-1 is prized for its high edge retention with a stainless steel exterior that is non corrosive and requires low maintenance. Our Yoshihiro VG-1 Gold Steel Nakiri Knife is forged with a traditional straight blade that smoothly cuts paper thin slices
Product Description & Reviews
Our handcrafted Yoshihiro Gold Steel knives have an inner core made of high carbon VG-1 Gold steel sandwiched in the traditional method of Warikomi between two layers of stainless steel. With a hardness on the Rockwell scale of 60, the inner core of VG-1 is prized for its high edge retention with a stainless steel exterior that is non corrosive and requires low maintenance. Our Yoshihiro VG-1 Gold Steel Nakiri Knife is forged with a traditional straight blade that smoothly cuts paper thin slices and can quickly chop through hearty vegetables, and is complimented with a premium Western style handcrafted mahogany handle that extends to the full tang of the knife and is NSF certified for commercial kitchens and ergonomically welds to the hand for seamless use. One of the most sought after of knives and fast becoming a new essential companion to the popular chefs knife is the traditional Japanese vegetable knife known as the Nakiri. Reminiscent of a small cleaver, this knife is cherished for its ability to chop through root vegetables to thinly slicing delicate tomatoes. From prepping greens for a salad to chopping vegetables for a main dish, the simplest of tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional. The Nakiri is reminiscent of a small cleaver and has a blunt tip that comes in handy for such things as cutting the eye out of a potato. The Nakiri is hefty enough to chop through heavy root vegetables with a blade that can thinly slice delicate tomatoes. Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones. Do not allow the blade to touch bone or frozen food. A good quality Japanese water stone not only is the best surface to sharpen and maintain the blade of your knife, but it is also the best tool to preserve and take care of the high quality steel that it is made of.
Features & Highlights
- The Nakiri is a traditional Japanese vegetable knife and is great to have, especially, if you're a lover of soups, salads, herbs, and vegetables. It lends well to chopping and its thin and flat blade edge is designed to make full contact with your cutting surface for a full cut with less chance for vegetables to still be sticking together by a thread.
- VG-1 Gold is a high end Japanese stainless steel (HRC 60). With its capacity to be razor sharp and an ability to maintain its sharpness over a prolonged period of time, you will be suprised at how effortless it is to chop, slice, and dice produce.
- Simple and elegant design with exceptional balance and a light weight construction (6 Oz), the knife will become an extention of your hand and arm
- A luxurious full tanged mahogany wood handle that is ergonomically designed to fit the human hand with its sleek finish that is gentle to the touch.
- Excellent for home or entry level chefs. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes sharp and ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted by skilled tradesmen in Japan. Not mass produced.
Usuba & Nakiri Knives
Mahogony Wood Handle
3.7 x 2.9 x 15.7 inches
Have questions about this item (並行輸入品), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Yoshihiro, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: F-919, ean: 4960375039196,
Drawing from a tradition of Japanese artistry and meticulous attention to detail, the collections at Korin showcase the best of both cutting edge design and time-tested favorites. We are dedicated to bringing the highest quality Japanese design to yo...
Sandrin Knives has done the impossible - create a tungsten carbide knife blade that isn't brittle. It is the only blade in the world made of tungsten carbide, and it's rated at 71 Rockwell C.This industry-wide success story starts at the legendary It...
mpn: TU-9002, ean: 4962336100020,
Stainless steel kitchen knife ''Tsunouma9000'' series.
The professional satisfaction. Ease of use and outstanding sharpness with excellent charm.
Abrasive blade with water until the final step. Therefore, in addition to its excellent sharpness, durab...
mpn: H&K-27172, ean: 0710277640709,
Crestware, KN314, 7'' Nakiri Knife easily cuts through fish, meat and hard vegetables. The pointed utility knife may also be used as light or medium duty cleaver. Heavy blade makes slicing through meat a simple task. Asian style knife for distinction...